Ruby/GTK is an extention library to use
GTK+ in Ruby.
GTK+ is GUI toolkit
GIMP (GNU Image Manupilation Program),
an image manipulation software.
This toolkit provides "look and feel" like Motif.
Now there are many applications using GTK+.
Especially, Desktop Environment
adopt GTK+ as interface.
Although GTK is written in C, there are many GTK bindings
for other language.
Ruby/GTK is one of the best GTK bindings, because:
- easy to use rather than C.
- natual object-oriented description, not but GTK+ in C.
- easy to use signal_connect with Ruby's Block.
- There is no obstacle (like Tcl of Tcl/Tk).
On the other side, there are few documents of Ruby/GTK.
This document may help to know and use Ruby/GTK.
This document is NO WARRANTY.
Whatever happens to you because of this document, it is your own
responsibility and the author is not liable.
If you find some mistakes, or you can contribute to this document,
please contact to
- 2002-08-15 (UPDATE) revise Related Links.
- 2002-06-09 (UPDATE) update the mainter.
- 1999-08-25 (UPDATE) update version information for release Ruby/GTK 0.21
- 1999-08-20 (NEW) example: caliculator [topics]
- 1999-08-20 (UPDATA) add link to next chapter in all pages. [topics]
- 1999-08-05 (NEW) Handling Image (Imlib) [topics]
- 1999-08-02 (NEW) Toolbar [topics]
- 1999-07-26 (ADD) add screenshots of widget in chapter Introduction [topics]
- 1999-07-13 (ADD) add description of table in chapter packing of widget [topics]
- 1999-07-13 (ADD) Install [topics]
- 1999-07-02 (ADD) Hello World in Ruby/GTK [topics]
- # 1999-07-02 (UPDATE) Pixmap [topics]
- 1999-07-02 separate sample programs from document [topics]